The General Terms below are complicated legal terms that serve to protect us and make it clear the terms that will apply to users of Drinkfo services. These terms are here to give you a simple explanation of what the General Terms really mean in plain English. These plain English terms set out what we intend the deal between us to be. However, these plain English terms are not legally binding and the General Terms are still the legal terms that will apply if anything goes wrong.
- Personal Information: Drinkfo will store your personal information when you use our website. Drinkfo is a data controller, because we have to take on the legal responsibilities that come with storing your information.
- Your rights: Because you can create an account via sign in with Drinkfo, you have the right to be able to access, amend and delete the personal information you supply.
- Log data: When you visit our website, Drinkfo collects data that your browser sends to us. This includes IP address, browser version, time and date of visit, and other statistics.
- Storage and Security: Drinkfo is using a highly secure AWS cloud service to protect your data in the form of a secure sockets layer (SSL). We also use google analytics to collect and process your personal information.
- Third-party Links: When you click on a third-party link to another site that is not operated by us, we have no control over or responsibility for the content or privacy policies of these other sites.
Drinkfo Limited [a limited company incorporated in New Zealand] (Drinkfo) operates a software as a service platform allowing producers of alcohol products to share data about their alcohol products to users (Service) via [https://www.drinkfo.com/ (Website).
This page is used to inform you of Drinkfo’s policies relating to the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service. When we talk about Personal Information, we mean information relating to you or other identifiable individuals and which, if made available to a third party, would allow that third party to identify you.
Personal Information Collection
We may collect the following types of Personal Information from you including:
- email address;
- payment information such as credit or debit card number;
- comments and feedback to us (including through customer surveys);
- browser session and geo-location data;
- device and network information;
- statistics on page views and sessions;
- acquisition sources;
- search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our site, including through the use of Internet cookies;
- your communications with our site;
- the type of browser you are using;
- the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our site;
- associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of information from you or from third parties. Drinkfo is the data controller in respect of this Personal Information.
Drinkfo cannot take responsibility for the content or privacy policies of any third-party links. Please ensure you read and understand the privacy policies of any third-party links accessed by you via the Services.
Using Personal Information
Drinkfo uses your Personal Information for the following general purposes:
- to complete a transaction or purchase order with you;
- to identify you when you login to your account;
- to enable us to operate the Service and provide it to you;
- to analyze the Websites or Application and information about our visitors and users, including research into our user demographics and user behaviour in order to improve our content and Service;
- to contact you about your account and provide customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions;
- for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes
- to keep you informed about the Service, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, contests and events we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
- to sell or market Drinkfo products and services to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have
- to better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, improve the features and usability of the Service, and better understand and market to our customers and users; and
- to keep the Service safe and secure.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information if reasonably necessary to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling us to provide you with services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, customer support, credit card processors, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of New Zealand; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other data analytics businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of New Zealand.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside New Zealand and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with New Zealand privacy laws.
Storage of Personal Information
Drinkfo is a New Zealand incorporated company with its head-office located in Auckland, New Zealand.
Your data will be held by Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the United States of America. AWS provides encryption in transit with TLS across all services. AWS services are fully compliant for the purposes of the GDPR. For more information please visit: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/security/all-aws-services-gdpr-ready/ .
We may store your data temporarily or permanently in New Zealand. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), New Zealand is considered a country which provides adequate protections for Personal Information, as confirmed by the European Commission in Commission Decision 2013/65/EU.
By using the Service or submitting any Personal Information to Drinkfo via the Service, you consent to Drinkfo and its authorized service partners using your Personal Information worldwide in order to make the Service available to you.
We use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see https://policies.google.com/technologies/types or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Drinkfo has appointed a Privacy Officer who can be contacted at [email protected].
You can access, amend and delete the information you have provided to us by accessing your "Settings" section of your account on the Website.
If you decide to terminate your account, we will deactivate it, and remove your Personal Information. Remember that once your account is closed, you will no longer be able to login and access your Personal Information. You can however, open a new account at any time.
You have the option of changing your marketing preferences at any time your account remains open via account settings.
You have the following rights with regard to your Personal Information:
- The right to request access to your Personal Information. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you.
- The right to request to correct your Personal Information if it is inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete Personal Information we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
The right to request deletion of your Personal Information if;
- your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed them; or
- you withdraw your consent if the processing of your Personal Information is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or
- you object to the processing of your Personal Information and we do not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or
- your Personal Information is unlawfully processed; or
- your Personal Information has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
- The right to object to the processing of your Personal Information. We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your Personal Information to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
The right to restrict the processing of Personal Information, if:
- The accuracy of your Personal Information is contested by you, for the period in which we have to verify the accuracy of the Personal Information; or
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of your Personal Information and request restriction; or
- We no longer need your Personal Information for the purposes of processing, but your Personal Information is required by you for legal claims; or
- You have objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds
You can exercise several of your rights through the personal information section of your account. To exercise your other rights you can file a request by email to [email protected]
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. In an effort to speed up our response, we may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request.
You may opt out of marketing communications sent by Drinkfo by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email or contacting us at [email protected]
Whenever you visit our Service, Drinkfo collects information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our Websites use these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. However, Drinkfo is using highly secure AWS cloud services to store data protected by a secure sockets layer (SSL).
Links to Other Sites